Terms & Conditions
Join the VIP Club & WIN DRAW
Terms and Conditions
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL, MUNICIPAL AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry
2. Entry must be received online at www/TheMortgageAdvisors.com/vip. No purchase necessary to enter. Email addresses and phone number are mandatory on ballot. Limit of one entry per person during the contest period.
3. All entries must be received on or before 11:59 pm April 30, 2015.
4. GRAND PRIZE SELECTION One (1) winner will be selected by a representative from The Mortgage Advisors to be the individual winner based on the random draw of “SIGN UP & WIN”. The winner must correctly answer a skill testing question (as further described in the paragraph below). Random draw selection for the Grand Prize will take place among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The winner will be selected by The Mortgage Advisors representative and the winning individual will be chosen by the seventh day after contest closing, at The Mortgage Advisors office located at 2725 Queensview Dr Suite 500 in Ottawa Ontario K2B0A1. The winner by accepting the Grand Prize gives The Mortgage Advisors full rights to use Winner’s name, and will be posted online nationally. One potential winner will be selected from among all eligible purchase and non-purchase entries. The potential winner will be notified by phone (using the phone number provided by the potential winner) within 72 hours following the winner being chosen. Should the potential winner not be reached during the period after which the winner is chosen for any reason, including, but not limited to, the fact that a potential winner has a call privacy feature on his/her telephone, or if any potential winner does not meet all of the Contest conditions as set out herein, then the Grand Prize shall be automatically forfeited by that potential winner and an additional draw will be made from among the remaining entries received during the Contest Entry Period to determine an alternate potential winner for the Grand Prize. An agent of The Mortgage Advisors shall attempt to contact the new potential winner within 72 hours of such selection and such selection will be otherwise subject to the same conditions as set out in this paragraph.
5. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning are based on the total number of valid entries to the contest during the contest period. In order to win, each potential winner will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, to be administered during a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time. Any selected entrant who cannot be contacted (or who fails to respond to any telephone message or email left for such selected entrant) within three (3) days of first attempt to contact such selected entrant may, at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors, be declared ineligible and the Contest Sponsor reserve the right, in such event, in their sole discretion, to select at random one or more additional entrants whom they shall attempt to contact, and who shall be subject to disqualification, in the same manner.
6. Grand Prize: Participants are eligible to win one (1) Travel Voucher from Flight centre (2) having a retail value of $1500
7. Additional Terms: No correspondence pertaining to this contest will be entered into except with the potential winners. The sponsor accepts no liability for printing errors on material distributed for this contest.
By entering the contest, entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and all decisions of the Contest sponsors, which are final. Prizes will be awarded and delivered to the confirmed winners by The Mortgage Advisors. Winners agree to authorize Contest sponsors to announce and publish their name, address (city only), photograph and submitted catch phrase in any forthcoming publicity in connection with this promotion without further remuneration. Potential winners (and/or their parent or legal guardian) will be required to release the Contest Sponsors, and their agencies and representatives from liability with respect to the contest and the prize. Failure on the part of a selected entrant (and/or their parent or legal guardian) to return the affidavit by the deadline as posted on the release form may result in disqualification of that person and an alternate winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible entries.
All entries become the property of The Mortgage Advisors, who assumes no responsibility for incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries or email, nor for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connection, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit a user’s ability to participate. The Mortgage Advisors reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this promotion should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond contest sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the contest. In the event of early termination of the contest, a notice will be posted on-line and a random drawing to award all prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. The Mortgage Advisors reserves the right to modify the contest or disqualify entrant if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the contest as determined by the sponsor, in its sole discretion.
The Contest and the terms and conditions contained in these Contest Rules and Regulations shall be governed exclusively by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province in which ballot is entered, the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Quebec: For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
The Mortgage Advisors reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in the Province of Québec, to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, such as tampering, The Mortgage Advisors reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie, to cancel the Contest and conduct the random draw from all previously received eligible entries and mail-in entries received by the Contest Closing Date.
No Party shall be liable to the other Party for any failure to perform its obligations or to carry out any of the activities contemplated by this Agreement if such failure is caused by an event of force majeure. The Party suffering an event of force majeure shall use its best efforts to minimise the event of force majeure with all reasonable dispatch.